Huey P.’s Pizzeria: Built in 1895, this historic structure first opened as Gretna Pharmacy in downtown Gretna. Gretna Cut Rate Drug Store, corner of Second Street at Huey P. Long Avenue, shows Theodore Drinkhaus leaning on post, ca. 1900. The building was later occupied for many years by the Gretna Pharmacy of N.C. Richard and Ernest Vicknair.
Since then, the building has served westbank residents as a dentist office, shoe store, law office, mortgage office, and campaign headquarters.
In September 2010, Huey P.’s pizzeria opened at 139 Huey P. Long Ave. by Donovan and Betty Archote and quickly garnered the reputation for serving the best thin crust pizza and coldest beer in metro New Orleans.